Es steht fest, wann Sephiroth aus "Final Fantasy VII" für "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" erscheinen wird. Man kann ihn sogar früher freischalten.
Sephiroth aus "Final Fantasy VII" wird am 22. Dezember 2020 für "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" erscheinen, entweder einzeln oder als Teil des "Fighters Pass Vol. 2". Wer das "Challenger Pack 8" vorbestellt bzw. den "Fighters Pass Vol. 2" hat, darf an der "Sephiroth-Herausforderung" teilnehmen, um den Kämpfer früher freizuschalten, zusammen mit der "Northern Cave"-Stage und den dazugehörigen Musik-Tracks.
Die "Sephiroth-Herausforderung" wird mit dem Update 10.0.0 eingeführt, das ab sofort für "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" verfügbar ist. Ansonsten hat Nintendo noch neue Kostüme und Accessoires für die Mii-Fighter angekündigt. Dazu gehören Outfits aus "Final Fantasy VII" und "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars".
Challenger Pack 8 Overview
- Sephiroth, the fan-favorite villain from the Final Fantasy series, is descending from the heavens with his gleaming sword in hand to join the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game as its newest playable downloadable content fighter.
- On December 22, “Fighters Pass Vol. 2 – Challenger Pack 8” will be released for the Nintendo Switch game and contains Sephiroth as a playable fighter. It also contains a new stage based on the Northern Cave setting and nine music tracks, including “One-Winged Angel,” which many video game fans are surely singing in their heads as they read this.
- “Challenger Pack 8” is part of “Fighters Pass Vol. 2,” which can be purchased for $29.99 and also includes Min Min from the ARMS game, Steve & Alex from Minecraft, and three more yet-to-be announced fighters as they release. “Challenger Pack 8” can also be purchased separately for $5.99.
Challenger Pack 8 Early Unlock Opportunity
- Sephiroth launches on December 22 as part of “Challenger Pack 8,” but fans can unlock the fighter early by participating in a special boss battle in the game. By pre-ordering the downloadable content (either separately or as part of “Fighters Pass Vol. 2”), players can take part in the special in-game Sephiroth Challenge which begins later today. If players complete the challenge on any difficulty setting before the fighter’s official release, they can unlock Sephiroth, the Northern Cave stage, and the additional music tracks early!
Challenger Pack 8 Details
- Sephiroth joins Cloud as another playable fighter from the Final Fantasy series. But their play styles are far from similar. While they both possess swords, not much can compare to the range of Sephiroth’s legendary Masamune. He is also a much lighter fighter, offering quick movement, but taller and more prone to be struck by opponents. Using a combination of powerful and fast-moving slashes, air attacks, magic spells and throws, Sephiroth and his mighty Masamune are a formidable pair against Cloud and the dozens of other Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighters.
- The new stage that is included in “Challenger Pack 8” is based on the Northern Cave, an iconic location from the Final Fantasy series where a climactic battle with Sephiroth takes place. Fans of Final Fantasy will be delighted to see some familiar imagery while fighting on the stage, including the all-powerful summons Meteor and Holy, as well as the Highwind airship. Fans will also notice that, since Sephiroth is a video game boss character himself, his Classic Mode journey in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate leads him through a series of battles against various bosses, including Dracula from Castlevania, Ganon from The Legend of Zelda, Rathalos from the Monster Hunter games, and even Galleom from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- In addition to the two Final Fantasy music tracks already included in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, “Challenger Pack 8” adds nine new tracks, bringing the grand total of Final Fantasy music tracks in the game to 11. “Challenger Pack 8” also includes a special Spirits Board inspired by the Final Fantasy series, including Spirits based on classic characters Aerith, Tifa, and Barret.
Version 10.0.0 Update
- The Sephiroth Challenge mode event has been added for a limited time.
- You can attempt this mode if you’ve purchased the “Sephiroth Challenger Pack” or the “Fighters Pass Vol. 2.” Defeating Sephiroth will unlock him as a playable fighter and grant access to his stage.
- This mode will appear on the upper left of the main menu. Press the + Button to take on the challenge.
- Once the event period is over, the mode will become unavailable, but Sephiroth and his stage will be unlocked immediately for anyone who has purchased the “Sephiroth Challenger Pack” or the “Fighters Pass Vol. 2.”
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
- Note that you cannot make videos of replays that contain downloadable content you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.)