Ab heute steht das September-Update für "Star Wars Battlefront 2" zum Download bereit. Es liefert das neue Squad-System.
DICE veröffentlicht heute das September-Update für "Star Wars Battlefront 2", das diverse Verbesserungen und ein neues Squad-System enthält. Dazu heisst es: "Das neue Squad-System ermöglicht es dir, deine Freunde, Verbündeten und die Action viel schneller als bisher wieder aufzunehmen. Wenn du bereits mit einer Gruppe von Freunden spielst, wirst du zusammen in die Gruppe eingeteilt. Wenn du alleine an einem Spiel teilnimmst, wirst du in eine zufällige Gruppe eingeteilt."
Es heisst weiter: "Wenn du besiegt wirst, hast du die Möglichkeit, durch eine Zuschauerkamera zu schalten. Diese Kamera wird auf eines deiner Truppmitglieder fokussiert und du hast dann die Möglichkeit, direkt bei dem Mitglied zu spawnen. Möchtest du bei einem anderen Truppenmitglied spawnen? Schalte einfach durch die Zuschauerkamera, bis du das Squad-Mitglied deiner Wahl findest. Das neue Squad-System gibt dir auch die Möglichkeit, 2v2-Private-Matches in Hero Showdown zu spielen." Nachfolgend steht der Changelog zur Ansicht bereit.
91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps
- The 91st Recon Cops were a regiment of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Lead by commander CC-8826, or Neyo, the 91st were involved in many battles across the Clone Wars.
104th “Wolf Pack” Battalion
- The Wolfpack was a battalion that active throughout the Clone Wars and known for numerous military operations. On one such encounter, they engaged on a night assault on one of the last remaining outposts of General Grievous. The 104th Battalion can be identified by the iconic Wolf logo that identifies the squad, and the dark blue markings upon their armour.
Ping Site Changes
- We have added a new default setting to the ping site option. When you have this selected, the game will attempt to match you to any of the ping sites that you have the best ping to. In the real world, this means that if you are located in Europe and have a good ping to both Frankfurt [FRA] and Dublin [DUB], you could be matched to either one, meaning you should find games a lot quicker.
- These changes will start to arrive alongside the September update and further updates will be made in the months after, as we continue to tweak and improve the matchmaking system.
- End of Round (EOR) matchmaking is a feature you will have noticed before. It’s something that has been turned on and tested at intermittent periods over the last few months.
- Added ability to get into squads and spawn on squad members on Galactic Assault and Strike
- Improved screen flow for quicker spawning in all modes where Squad Spawn is not present
QUALITY OF LIFE
- More dynamic change of characters shown on the Home and Career screens, due to implementation of backend ability to change those in a live environment
- Implemented various stability fixes for the End of Round (EOR) Matchmaking
- Improved the way the game client looks for an online game, by adding an automated Default option for the best Ping site, as well as simplifying the choice of sites in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where Leia's Alternate Fire ability could damage a player piloting the AT-ST
- Fixed an issue where the "Repair" ability would not properly activate
LANDO’S MILLENNIUM FALCON
- Fixed an issue where the Tactical Jammer ability would have no effect on Lando's Millennium Falcon
CLASSES & SPECIAL UNITS CHANGES
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the Disruption ability to trigger in sync with the animation
- Removed the ability of Ion Turrets to lock and fire on troopers, as requested by the community
- Reduced the damage done by the Ion Torpedo for better balancing
- Fixed an issue where the Resourceful Star Card wouldn't correctly lower the ability cooldown when used.
GAME MODE CHANGES
- Implemented backend timers that allow tweaking of the objective duration on Galactic Assault in a live environment
- Added animations to further enhance the look and feel of the game mode's widget
- Fixed a spelling issue in one of the objective texts
- Fixed an issue where heroes could hide or get stuck behind metal barriers on Jakku
- Fixed an issue that would leave players stuck between tree and mountain assets
- Fixed an issue where the chicken near the East Turbolaser would not be fleeing from the player
- Added Ewok Hunt and Extraction-based challenges to the list of Daily Challenges
- Removed Hero Showdown-based challenges "Perfect Together" and "Vader and Kylo", based on player feedback that they are too hard to achieve in an online environment
- Fixed an issue where Iden's character and description text would be missing from the Campaign's spawn and customization screen
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to change their Clone Trooper appearances during the pre-round screens on games taking place on Kashyyyk and Kamino
- Added additional UI effects when unlocking an Emote, Victory Pose or Appearance from the menu
- Increased the maximum numbers of players in a group to 20, and the maximum number of players who can play together to 8
- Fixed an issue where the button to get more Crystals would not show up in the Emotes and Victory Poses screens
- Adjusted the "Saviour Kill" stat, so that it tracks relevant kills from the whole team and not just the squad members
- This update will automatically disable CrossFire functionality for players with AMD Graphics Cards running on Windows 8 / 8.1, due to lack of support for multi-GPU with the specified operating system and GPU vendor.
- Squad members that are inside certain land vehicles (Armor, Artillery, Speeder, Tauntaun, Mountable Turrets) are not correctly shown as being inside vehicles on the Squad Spawn screen. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.
- Selecting to spawn on squad members who are inside land vehicles will temporarily disable access to the “Choose Character” screen. The issue gets resolved once players choose to spawn in the Default location. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.
- The spawn screen UI will, in rare cases, remain on during gameplay on Strike, or Galactic Assault. The issue gets resolved once players choose to respawn. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.
- The cooldown timer of the Shock Grenade ability would not be affected by the Resourceful Star Card. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.