Der Entwickler nWay hat für "Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid" das Update 1.3 veröffentlicht, das unter anderem Cross-Play und Cross-Progression liefert (nicht auf PS4). Außerdem wurden kostenpflichtige DLC-Charaktere zur Verfügung gestellt. Dazu zählen Trey of Triforia und Jen Scotts. Lord Zedd folgt zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt.
- Trey of Triforia: The original Gold Zeo Ranger, Trey was an alien from the planet Triforia who came to earth to help the Zeo Rangers battle the Machine Empire. There, he was attacked and split into three separate beings, forcing him to temporarily transfer his Gold Ranger powers to veteran ex-Ranger Jason Lee Scott.
- Jen Scotts: Jen Scotts assumed the role of leader of the Time Force when her fiancé, the Red Time Force Ranger, was killed by an escaping criminal named Ransik. Fearless, determined and compassionate, Jen and her team did everything they could to track down Ransik and bring him to justice.
- Lord Zedd (Coming Soon): The self-proclaimed "Emperor of Evil," Lord Zedd has conquered and enslaved much of the galaxy. Initially leaving the "insignificant" Earth for Rita Repulsa to conquer, he returns to punish her for her failure and finish what she started.
- Jason Lee Scott - Red Dragon Shield (skin): After Tommy Oliver, the Green Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, was killed by Lord Drakkon, an evil version of Tommy from an alternate dimension, Jason inherited the Dragon Shield and Dragon Dagger. With their added strength and the ability to summon the Dragonzord, Jason was able to lead the other Rangers in the fight against Lord Drakkon.
- The v1.3 update vastly improves the game’s social play and matchmaking, including Direct Match, which lets friends or any two specific players match up against each other.
- The game now also enables crossplay between Nintendo Switch and Xbox One, where players across the two gaming platforms can battle against each other in Ranked, Casual, or Direct Matches.
- Crossplay helps players find matches faster against similarly skilled players and opens up a larger matchmaking pool, making the game more competitive.
- Crossplay is enabled by nWayPlay, nWay’s recently announced game development platform, which offers a player ID and social system, allowing friends to find each other across platforms.
- nWayPlay also enables cross-progression between Nintendo Switch and Xbox One, so players can carry progress made on one platform to another.