Das Halloween-Event "The Haunting of Verdansk" wird für die Spieler von "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" und "Call of Duty: Warzone" gestartet.
Infinity Ward hat für "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" und "Call of Duty: Warzone" das Halloween-Event "The Haunting of Verdansk" angekündigt, das vom 20. Oktober 2020 bis zum 3. November 2020 stattfindet. Ein Trailer stimmt darauf ein. Mit dabei sind sogar die Killer von "SAW" und "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (in neuen Bundles).
Enthalten ist ein spezielles "Süsses oder Saures"-Belohnungs-System, das thematisch passende Items liefert. Hinzu kommt, dass einige ausgewählte Modi eine Nachtvariante von Verdansk bekommen, die zum Schrecken von Halloween passt. In der untoten Spielvariante "Zombie Royale" kämpft man gegen Lebende und auch Zombies. Tote Operatoren setzen unnatürliche Kräfte ein, um sich an den Lebenden zu laben, damit sie wieder in ihre Reihen zurückkehren können. Das ist aber nicht der einzige neue Modus und ausserdem wird ein neue Waffe zur Verfügung gestellt. Die nachfolgende Übersicht liefert Infos.
SAW and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Bundles Headline The Haunting of Verdansk
- Right at the start of The Haunting of Verdansk, players can purchase bundles based on SAW and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- Be ready to don the garb of Billy the Puppet in the SAW bundle and take an enemy operator’s choice to live or die in his own hands. Along with the “Billy” skin for Morte, the SAW Bundle features The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece, a special throwing knife will drill into your enemies upon impact. And oh yes, there will be blood… if it lands on target.
- Rather end your enemy’s game with blood-red tracer fire? Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons – one Assault Rifle and one Shotgun – are included in this bundle, as well as a Cargo Truck skin, tricycle Charm, and four other pieces of personalization content.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle features the iconic crazed killer Leatherface. The legacy of this cannibalistic maniac, whose mad and macabre reign of terror in 1974 was unlike anything ever seen before, is set to live on through the “Leatherface” skin for Velikan, as well as the “Family Heirloom” LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw. As players are re-introduced to the malice of Leatherface, a clue as to what happened to the notorious murderer may even appear to those with a keen eye.
- This bundle also includes the “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side, commonly used in your local slaughterhouse), which some hitchhikers claim is “the better way” of slaughtering cattle, as well as an SMG blueprint weapon, a vehicle horn, and five additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items.
More in Store
- Other operators are preparing for the Haunting of Verdansk in their own ways, whether with new skins or brand-new blueprints that add a scary amount of firepower to an already massive arsenal. Leading this charge is Dr. Karlov, an infamous Verdansk urban legend that defines the regional Halloween folklore.
- Driven to a point of no return after countless failures in his laboratory deep inside the Gulag, Dr. Karlov became obsessed with electricity and energy-charged weaponry, testing it often in “experiments” on those who dared to wander near his hideout. His featured bundle, “Dr. Karlov Lives,” will put the “shock” in shock and awe with a new skin for Bale, two high-voltage weapon blueprints, an electric Throwing Knife, a vehicle skin, and a few other cosmetic items for your weapons and Identity.
- Expect the Store to stock other bundles such as the “Ghost: Grim Reaper” bundle, featuring a new Ghost skin and two soul-stealing blueprint weapons, along with “Mace: Dia de los Muertos” ahead of the Day of the Dead holiday.
Introducing the JAK-12 Shotgun
- Eat your heart out, shotgun collars: the fully automatic JAK-12 shotgun, available as part of the latest update, has enough firepower to pulverize an entire enemy squad into head cheese.
- Specifically, the JAK-12 has an open bolt blowback system, allowing it to push lead out at a fire rate that is faster than any other weapon in its category. Level it up to unlock its unique attachments, including explosive 8 Round FRAG-12 Mags that deliver explosive payloads without triggering Trophy Systems, and the 32-Round Drum Mags, the largest capacity magazine for any shotgun in the game.
- This new shotgun can be unlocked via in-game challenge, or a blueprint variant can be acquired by purchasing the “Lacedaemon” Store bundle.
Verdansk – Going Dark
- Available in select Warzone modes such a Trios, Verdansk is now open for nighttime infiltrations.
- Although the full moon’s glow prevents total darkness, operators might want to still pack some Thermal optics in their Loadout Drops to help spot enemies lurking about in low-light areas or use Cold-Blooded to counter these high-tech tools.
- No matter the operation, visiting Verdansk at night will leave operators open to a few frights. Some say that a ventriloquist doll frequently appears on television sets tuned to defunct channels, and the poltergeist of a chainsaw-wielding killer can be seen and heard across the Krovnik Farmland. Others claim that the defunct tracks near the Train Station are still in use by a ghost train, a vessel filled with souls of those who lost their lives fighting in the Gulag…
- Given Dr. Karlov’s existence, it’s best to treat the rest of Verdansk’s Halloween myths as fact, or at least believe them to be true until November 3.
Trick or Treat! – New Rewards Inside Warzone
- All players can participate in the Trick or Treat Halloween event, the marquee scavenger hunt featured as part of The Haunting in Verdansk.
- Day or night, you can find specially marked Trick or Treat Supply Boxes in specific areas of Verdansk. Open these boxes up for a chance to receive universal rewards including the Epic “Return to Dust” Assault Rifle blueprint, “The Cleaver” Legendary Melee blueprint, a holographic watch, charms, stickers, sprays, calling cards and emblems.
- However, don’t think these Supply Boxes come free of any tricks: they might also contain a brief scare, so open them at your own peril!
- Collect all 16 individual rewards to unlock the ultimate treat: the “Pumpkin Punisher” Legendary Assault Rifle blueprint, which comes pre-configured with attachments that make the weapon downright terrifying in Warzone.
- Be sure to collect all these rewards before November 3, lest you miss out on some ghoulishly good freebies.
New Limited-Time Mode: Zombie Royale
- When the clock strikes midnight in Verdansk, it’s time to bring out the undead.
- Operators can fight against and alongside powerful zombified creatures as part of Zombie Royale, a limited-time mode where death is far from permanent.
- Instead of being sent to the Gulag, dead Operators will come back to life as a zombie. Although zombies cannot use weapons, they have supernatural abilities: increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks, and thermal vision.
- When a player is killed, they drop a syringe that shows up on the map. Collect two of these Syringes as a Zombie and you'll parachute back in with your loadout on your Squad for a second chance! The last squad standing with a surviving Operator wins… even if the rest of the squad has turned undead.
- Because this mode takes place at night, expect to find all the haunts that Verdansk has to offer under the bright moonlight, including those Trick or Treat Boxes that are fully loaded up with scares for the whole squad.
The Spirit of All Hallows’ Eve is Alive in Multiplayer
- Break out the pumpkins and prepare for bloodshed; it’s officially Halloween in Modern Warfare Multiplayer.
- From Gunfight to Ground War and everything in between, expect the head of any operator to turn into a jack-o-lantern upon reaching three kills in a single life. This pumpkin head will then be set aflame if that operator reaches ten kills in a single life, an intimidating sight to go along with a Specialist Bonus or a high-end Killstreak.
- Don’t think of this as just a spooky cosmetic change; these indicators can help you identify Operators who need to be smashed before they continue on their killstreak, especially if they are lighting up the lobby both with their flaming pumpkin head and their performance in-game.
- There are also some spooky changes in specific game modes; expect scarecrows on Domination points instead of flags, skulls instead of dogtags in Kill Confirmed, and other visual effects themed around All Hallows’ Eve.
New Modes: Onslaughter and Snipers Only
- Two new modes in Multiplayer will bring out the big guns – literally – with high caliber action in the form of Juggernauts and Sniper Rifles.
- Onslaughter – Squads must wrest control of a Juggernaut suit that spawns somewhere on the map and advance forward into a specific goal area. Be prepared for plenty of Minigun fire and consider powerful Killstreaks to take down an opposing Juggernaut, as well as the mad scramble whenever the suit is available for the taking. Also, the Juggernaut in this mode – and in all other modes during The Haunting of Verdansk – will come with a pumpkin head, which is surprisingly sturdy and durable despite it being a hollowed-out squash.
- Snipers Only – As the name suggests, leave all other weapons at home for this Team Deathmatch variant. Instead of custom loadouts, all operators will have a choice between five pre-built loadouts. Aim to have more kills than deaths, as the squad that hits the target score wins the match.