Noch bevor die betreffende Ausgabe des japanischen Magazins Famitsu überhaupt erschienen ist, wurden schon wichtige Inhalte der nächstwöchigen Ausgabe geleakt.
Das Magazin erhielt bereits die Möglichkeit ein Demo des Titels zu testen und listet einige weitere Details zu "Final Fantasy Type-0" welche durchaus interessant sind:
- The game will have 30 to 40 hours play time, or 100 hours for those who play fully.
- Development is currently 80% complete.
- We'll probably have to wait until Fall for the game (this was said with an apology, as the game was previously promised for Summer).
- There will be a music tie-up.
- The basics of the game outside of multiplayer are complete. They're currently working on the ad-hoc play component.
- The game will have some fighting game style elements, like movement canceling.
- The Type-0 version of Shiva is sexy.
- You can hold down buttons to repeat moves rather than pressing the button repeatedly.
- Button assignment includes: triangle for your character's standard attack, circle and square can be assigned to attacks and magic, X for defense and defensive magic, and L + d-pad to swap your character.
- Square Enix is currently looking into the possibility of a download version
- The game has 14 main characters. At one point during development, the figure was 40.
- Similar to The 3rd Birthday, there will be Square Enix Members connectivity. You'll be able to see stats on character use and enemy kills amongst fellow members.